By Car

Arrival by car in Graz

There is a charge for using Austrian motorways and expressways. A ‘vignette’ toll sticker must be bought for all vehicles of up to 3.5 tons maximum permitted total weight – cars, motorbikes and light campervans are required to display a vignette.

Apart from the general compulsory vignette on motorways and expressways, in Austria there are also “special toll routes”. This applies to mountain crossings that are cost-intensive to build and maintain. The special toll can either be paid on the spot or by buying a video toll ticket in advance. The general compulsory vignette is not required on these special toll routes.

Automobile Association ÖAMTC | T +43/316/504-0 (German only)

Automobile Association ARBÖ  | T +43/316/271600 (German only)