Information on the parking zones of Graz
Where to park your car
In the entire city centre of Graz, parking is subject to charges. The short-term parking zones are clearly marked by signs at all entrances and exits. There are no special traffic signs within these zones - but you can find blue and green floor markings on the ground.
Parking zones in Graz
Blue and Green Zones in and around the city
Blue parking Zones in Graz
Roughly two thirds of all parking spaces in Graz are situated within the Blue Zone.
- In this zone, parking is limited to a maximum of three hours.
- Parking charges apply on weekdays from 9 am to 8 pm and on Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm.
- Parking fee: Minimum fee (30 minutes): 1.30 Euro, payable in 10-cent increments up to the maximum parking time. Payable at all parking ticket machines with a blue sign.
- At Europaplatz square in front of the central railway station, parking charges apply every day from 8 am to 10 pm, with a maximum parking duration of one hour.
- At Kaiser-Josef-Platz, Schlögelgasse and Lendplatz, parking is limited to a maximum of 1.5 hours.
Green Parking Zones in Graz
Adjacent to the Blue Zones, a bit further away from the city centre, you can find the Green Zones. Parking is subject to charges there too, with the additional option of parking for several days in a row with a valid parking ticket.
- Parking charges: apply from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 8 pm
- Maximum parking time: unlimited
- Minimum payment: 1.00 Euros for 30 minutes, increasing in 10-cent increments
- Price for full-day tickets: 11 Euros for 1 day - tickets can be purchased for up to 5 days in advance.
Useful information for parking in Graz
Always remove expired parking tickets!
Outside of charging hours, you can purchase tickets in advance for the next charging period.
If you exceed the 13-minute “grace period” above and beyond your ticketed time, a fine of 24 Euros applies.
In exceptional cases, for instance if your meeting runs late, you can add more time to your parking ticket. Find out more about extending your parking time!
During the first week of the introduction of a new parking zone, cars without a valid ticket will not be fined. Instead, an information leaflet will be placed under your windscreen wiper during this period